Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shoes shoes shoes

One of the hottest items at the SV Moms event was the Skechers table. As you may have heard, these shoes are supposed to "tone" your body - calves, thighs, butt - while being beneficial for your low back. I am always skeptical of things like this that promise to tone and strengthen and "help you lose weight"... truthfully, it's not the shoes that make you lose weight, but the exercise you do while you wear them, right? Plus, these shoes are... how do I put it?... not the cutest. Lately, I am coveting the Nikes that can be totally customized, so these sort of ugly clodhoppers were not on my "to buy" list.

However...

I vowed to wear them at least one whole day to try them out. So on Monday, I put them on and wore them around the house, to the park for my 3-mile walk, to the grocery store, to pick up the kids at school... And I have to say that my calves and thighs were a little sore the next day. I could feel the difference. Whether or not I will "lose weight" with these shoes remains to be seen. But I liked them enough that I'll wear them again... though only when I'm alone on the track!

And I almost sidestepped the Stride Rite table -- since my kids are older -- but then I caught a glimpse of these girl-sized Gladiator sandals. Perfect for our upcoming summer trip to Europe. I was thrilled that Stride Rite had some more sophisticated styles (I am so over the little girl styling of older girl sandals, as seen at Target or Gymboree).


I think these were designed by Jessica Simpson, but I won't hold that against them.
Disclaimer: I received the Skechers as a gift from the company and a gift card from Stride Rite.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try my shoes - but they didn't have the right size for my ginormous feet (10.5) with them so I'm waiting for them to be delivered. I'm also skeptical so I'm glad to hear you felt a difference.
    And my little girl is only 4 1/2, but I think she'd love those gladiator sandals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I tried the sneakers again yesterday, still getting the hang of walking in them! They were a little bit of "work," and I fussed about walking 2.5 miles in them, but I figure that if it's "work," then it must be working! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete