Friday, September 17, 2010

Six!

I can't believe that my "baby" is six, but I hope that all of her crazy, mercurial, opinionated, perfectionist, detail-oriented, culinary-talented, silly, Virgo, funny-face-making, mega-watt smiling, stuffed animal-loving energy will remain constant as she grows up. When we decided to add a third little birdie to our nest, we had no idea what we were in store for... And she continues to keep us guessing.

In fact, her birthday was such a big deal to her this year that we celebrated for a few days straight, taking two friends out for a fun playdate over the weekend, then giving goody bags to new classmates and soccer teammates, then capping the whole shebang off with a birthday sushi dinner at Iroha in Studio City (her choice; that kid has great taste). She may be high-maintenance, but I can't help it... I like her. Waiting for her to smile again is a favorite pasttime of mine. Five was really fun -- even if it was somewhat trying -- and I am excited about six. What new things will she try? What will she learn? Will she always kiss her mama goodnight?

(Sidenote about photo: She's blowing out candles on a spoonful of chocolate chip cookie dough. See what I mean about mercurial?)

No comments:

Post a Comment